Stories From The Tolbert Home

Monday, December 13, 2010

A new chapter

This morning's devotional said "Ye have not passed this way heretofore"Joshua 3:4. Next it read you have never been this way before, but walk in it with hope in your heart and look for that God-made pathway in which you should go.
As I enter into a new day, a new week and a new season of life I am trying to do my best and learn something. I know that we will go through trials, but my fear is that I will go through the trial and not learn a thing. Is that even possible? I think so. This past week I have been setting aside extra time in the morning and evening to sit with my husband or my girls, or even alone and drink a cup of tea or coffee and just take a moment to reflect. It sounds silly. BUT life seems to go so quickly and in this new chapter of our life I do not want to just hurry through it. It has been so important for me to sit down and just THINK! Sometimes that leads to prayer, sometimes it leads to reading something or writing down a thought, and other times its just that rest that I have needed all day! I know that I cannot plan out my life, but it feels so nice to at least try and learn through it and enjoy it.
I am a very step by step person, and I am slowly but surely learning that God wants to do my planning and I need to sit back, reflect and let what is going to happen, happen! 
On another note, the girls are doing great. Dana is doing so good in school, she is looking forward to her Christmas break. Ava is so fun to have at home. She keeps me so busy, the things she says are just hilarious. 
I am looking forward to this new year, and new chapter and all it has to bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment