Stories From The Tolbert Home

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Lead Me

       This morning I am without the girls. They went to their grandmas for the night and it is so quiet around here. The song by Sanctus Real "Lead Me" came on as I was holding Kallen. I got a bit emotional as I thought how important it truly is for me to ask the Lord for guidance in leading my children. I can truly lead them in the wrong or right direction. It is their choice what they do with it from there, but I choose to believe they will make the right choice even if they have a few bumps along the way.
If  you know me you know I sound like a broken record with this story but it is truly the one that changed my mothering.

         I'll never forget how I was going along with life the way that seemed right at the time. I was working a full time job at a doctors office. I would drop little 2 year old Dana off at a nice Christian day care. I knew they would teach her some great things and it would all work out. I missed her terribly. I requested her third birthday off from work. It felt like a slap in the face when they said no. I BAWLED my eyes out on her birthday as I dropped her off. Of course she did not care or know. I gave my notice about a month later. It ate at me for 30 days before I said you know what I am her mother and I will decide what we can or cannot afford to do! I gave my notice and I will never forget the feeling of signing her out of that daycare for the last time. I grabbed her hand and I swear the sun was shining all around us...maybe some angels singing..I am not sure. HA. But it was glorious. I was newly pregnant with Ava and I was on top of the world. It was from that moment...I made many mistakes but I decided I would trust God to help me raise my babies, and it is not the mistakes they will remember. Many people offer their advice, some great as gold, others can tear you down so quick.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart. Lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge him and he WILL direct your paths.

And we have never looked back!
Lead me-Sanctus Real

2 comments:

  1. Precious pictures!
    I hadn't heard your day care story.. made me smile. :) Angels probably were singing.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete