Stories From The Tolbert Home

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Mama's Joy

          Yesterday was the most wonderful day I have had in awhile with my children. You know those days where from sun up to sun down everything just fell into place…those do not make their way to our home too often. There is always one child who is teething, another with a bad attitude they cannot shake, another who is convinced everyone else is out to take everything from them so they must glare and yell( an unnamed 2 year old).


Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, 2with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, 3being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.…

          Sometimes I forget how much my own patience, my happiness, my joy truly affects my children. When I mentioned there is always that ONE child, well that is how it is. Unfortunately I am ever to slowly catching on that if I let their natural child like behavior sway my behavior it affects the rest of the bunch. Sometimes I do not show them enough grace. Sometimes I forget that I wake up grumpy too. I am ever so thankful that I have children to show me patience and still come and hug me when they see me crying over spilled milk. 

        As my girls grow older I hear my own sarcasm more and more. I hear my tone I use with my husband when I get upset. I hear myself more than ever needing to hold onto God's grace and be full of JOY even when life's circumstances try to steal that. 

~Love and Prayers to any other Mama's out there this week needing a hug, God's grace, and an extra shot of espresso.

1 comment: