Stories From The Tolbert Home

Monday, March 28, 2011

Mondays at the Tolbert house

Monday is here and another week has begun and a new month is about to begin. Time is flying by these days! Our house has very under the weather the past few days. I went to bed at 5:30 last night and slept until 7 this morning! So glad I have a hubby that can put the kids to bed on days like that! I woke up still feeling not the best, but with it being a new week I knew we had to start it out right or it would just be a mess here on out. So I pulled it together and sat down with Dana to help her with her schooling. We took lots of breaks and about noon, I started to feel great. I got some energy and took advantage of it accomplishing probably too much at a time. The girls must have sensed that I was busy because from there on out, they were fussing like newborns. I did not know weather to put them to bed or throw them outside. I found myself wanting to scream at the top of my lungs, their fighting was horrible today. It was nothing big, it was more like...I had it first...no I did! Or your in my space....you are staring at me....! I mean really? My patience was thin from being so sick and I had lots to do....after reminding myself that yelling would not help I calmly kept dealing with them, separating them, having Dana write sentences...(yes pulled that one out) time outs....it was a long day. They must have sensed it was Monday.....but anyways it was at dinner time where I finally felt my stress be relieved as we said our prayers and I thought of how blessed we are. Even with their little squabbling we all sat down as a family, like we do every night...(and take it for granted) and enjoyed our meal together. As a stay at home mom it feels like the biggest hug from God when I see my crazy day all wrapped up! It even got better as we sat on the couch after dinner and read books together. So glad for the renewed strength that I know comes from my Heavenly Father who loves me.....and helps me through my day.

Our new recipe we tried with dinner tonight was DELICIOUS( thanks Mom In law...my faithful blog follower!)
Apples-n-Butternut squash
Cuped
honey
brown sugar

bake for 40 minutes at 350
Girls loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment